Key West Harbor King Mackerel Kingfish Tournament
This weekend here in Key West its the battle of the go fast center consoles for prizes in the largest kingfish.
It is the famous Key West Harbor Kingfish Tournament. Part of the Mercury Outboards Tournament Trail. This is a division 10 Southern Kingfish Association event. Held at Key West Harbor Yacht Clubs on Stock Island.
- Headquarters: Key West Harbour Marina
- Registration 3pm till 7pm Friday, January 21
- Captain’s Meeting: 7pm Friday
- Entry Fee: Early $375, $425 after January 12
- First Place Guaranteed: 20’ Andros Bay Boat, 115hp Evinrude Outboard & Continental Trailer Package, valued at over $30,000.
- Payout: Pays 10 places plus 2 places Class of 23′ (All Payouts other than 1st place based on 100 boat field)
- Ladies, Junior & Senior Divisions
- Fishing Hours: 7am-4pm Saturday & 7am to 3:30pm Sunday
- Check Out Channel Marker South of Key West Airport (same as last 14 events)
- Scales Open 3pm Saturday & 2pm Sunday
- Awards: Sunday, one hour after last fish is weighed
- No Boundries
- Dockage: Key West Harbour, 305-292-3121, ext 2; Oceanside Marina, 305-294-4676; Key West City Marina, 305-809-3981
- Host Hotels: Days Inn, $139, 305-294-3742; Quality Inn, $144, 305-294-3773: Hotel Key West, $144, 305-294-6681; Comfort Inn, $159, 305-294-5511 – ask for SKA rate.
- Contact: Lee at Murray Marine, 305-296-0364 or SKA, 904-819-0360
Be sure not to miss these weigh ins if you are in the Florida Keys or Key West. You will see some of the biggest Kingfish Caught all year here in South Florida.
Besides that, there will be the super boats of fishing all lined up at the dock prepping to fish for Kingfish and go to battle. Check it out..