The 2012 Key West Lobsterfest takes place on August 10 – 12 this year. This annual celebration features the Florida Lobster as the star of the show. Thousands of lobster lovers come to the island to take part in this delicious street fair, sampling lobster creations from local restaurants such as Bagatelle, SHOR, and Rooftop Cafe. In addition to the food, there are also several vendors set up on Duval Street peddling wares such as hats, art and crafts, and more. Its a great way to spend a day. And at night, enjoy some of the entertainment lined up specifically for the event. Check out the schedule of events below and plan your days.
Schedule of Events
Thursday August 9, 6pm
- Enjoy Thursday Night of Lobster Fest at The Smokin Tuna with their 1st Annual Tunes and Tails Party. Lots of great Lobster and other Seafood Specials and great Live Entertainment starting @ 6pm. Call 305.517.6350 for details. Reservations not required.
Friday August 10th, 8pm-?
- Kick-Off Party Rick’s/Durty Harry’s Entertainment Complex 202 Duval St. Jam with the “Durt Bags” on the main stage in Durty Harry’s or dance to the hottest music on the deck in Rick’s Upstairs
- 7th Annual Lobsterfest Duval CrawlTM. Immediately following sunset, join hundreds of party people for a stroll down Duval Street. Everyone receives an Official Lobsterfest T-Shirt and souvenir lanyard, plus 2 for 1 Coronas and 3 Olives cocktails! Proceeds benefit Key West High School Scholarship Fund. Purchase tickets from the Ship to Shore store at the Rick’s/Durty Harry’s Entertainment Complex, 202 Duval St. 11am til 2am Daily. Arrive early to avoid the crowd! T-shirts are available August 6th.
Saturday August 11th, Noon-11pm
- 17th Annual Street Fair 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 blocks of Duval St. Art, crafts, merchandise and of course, lots of lobster!
Saturday August 11th, 1pm-10:30 pm
- Free Concert at the intersection of Duval St. and Greene St. Scheduled acts include Alfonse, Joal Rush, CW Colt, Cool Breeze & Kelley James.
Sunday August 12th, 11am-2pm
- Lobster Brunch – a sumptuous brunch will be served at the Double Tree – Grand Key Resort located at 3990 S. Roosevelt Blvd. Reservations are suggested!